Celebrating and Preserving Your Family’s History
At Keep the Past, we help families to capture and preserve their family's priceless stories and unique memories before they are lost to time. Through video interviews, old family films, photographs and important family documents, we create and choreograph a movie, which will become a keepsake for each of your family's members and for future generations to share and enjoy.
Family Milestones: Birthday’s, Anniversary’s, Weddings, Reunions, and other Special Occasions.
To view a few of our sample videos, click on any of the three images below:
"I wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart, and on behalf of my whole family, for your movies about my Mom and Dad. My Mom is dying of pancreatic cancer. Based on her rapidly declining condition this past Thursday, we had an emergency get together of all the brothers, sisters-in-law, boyfriends, girlfriends and grand children to see the completed version of the movie. Everyone watched it with a combination of both pleasure and reverence. Your movie brought her to life in a way she hasn't experienced in a long time. Mom actually smiled and laughed several times. It was a deeply moving, emotional experience. She clearly saw this movie as her epitaph. She was proud and felt that it completed her legacy. It also brought her great joy, at a time when she knows she has little time left. For our Mom, your movie was an amazing act of closure and for the rest of the family members, a damn good movie" Tom C.
You select the members of your family that you want to interview in the video production. Once we have completed a set of pre interviewer questionnaire, we will schedule the video session at the selected locations or family settings.
After the video interview session, we will review all old photographs documents and film footage, giving your family input into which images to include within your video.
Based on a consideration of both time and costs, we make recommendations for scanning and retouching old photographs, film conversions of film to video to be included in the final editing process. Keep the Past will offer several options and estimates based on all of the specifics required to complete your project.
Timeline: We regularly take 8 weeks from the beginning of production to completion. We often can deliver a final product more quickly, but, this often depends on project specifics. Please inquire for further details and likely estimates.
• Video production with professional video equipment, including lighting, audio microphones and a skilled interviewer.
• Review of family archives of film, photographs and documents.
• High resolution scanning of old photographs and documents.
• Transfer of films to video format.
• Retouching of old photographs and documents;
• Video Editing;
• Book Publishing: Created from all the photographs and documents, a small, printed edition books.
• Video Brochure: Play anytime, anywhere. A portable keepsake video and audio book that you can carry with you, accessible 24/7 to multiple family members.
• Final video delivered on USB flash drives, for each member of the family.
• Private 1 page website to house the videos and photographs so anyone you choose can have access to see and enjoy the final edited version.